I Know I Am Intelligent Because I Know That I Know Nothing .... Socrates

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Truth @ 4am


Morning All or at least to any of the silly people who are up at 4am in the morning on Saturday like me !

I guess this is more a reflection than a statement .... Why are the best moments of clarity and reflection at 4am in the morning ?

Oh well, while I am up and talking to you all I may as well share a poem that I wrote not too long ago. Once again I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it.

Cheers & Remember ... " There Are No Orginary Moments "


Make It Go Away

.
I turned on the TV to watch the evening news
It was all about the evil things that we say and do
Wars in foreign lands, assults next door
And all about political greed
I just couldn't take it anymore.
.
I couldn't take it
Oh No
It had to go away,
So I turned off my TV and went about my day.
.
I turned on my radio to hear some happy tunes.
To lift my spirit and free the mind
It seemed a smart thing to do.
But all the tunes were about disrespect
They were about racism, sex and doom
They brought me down with a hard brutal thud
And I just couldn't take it anymore.
.
I couldn't take it
Oh No
It had to go away,
So I turned of the radio and went about my day
.
I decided to take a walk
Under the bright southern stars
To feel a breeze against my cheeks
And to breath in deep the freshness of the night air.
I decided to forget the horrors of the TV news,
I decided to forget the disrespecting radio tunes
I decided I couldn't take it anymore.
.
I couldn't take it
Oh No
It had to go away
So I turned off and went about my day.
.
But the wars were still fought in the foreign lands
And the assults still happened next door
The radio still spread the word of disrespect and doom
I had had enough
I had made it go away.
I had turned my back on humanity
And gone about my day.
.
Rwanda, Bosnia, Timor, Zimbabwe
It didn't go away.
.
Andrew Swansson

Copyright 2008

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bro - I know this poem - you sent it to me after you wrote it. It is a great poem and I am glad others may get a chance to read it too.

    ReplyDelete