I Know I Am Intelligent Because I Know That I Know Nothing .... Socrates

Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Beginning

Well, I have to admit I'm not really sure what to write in this Blog now that I have started it !

I am tempted to take a walk on the more philosophical side of life and to talk to anyone who is interested about my spiritual beliefs and ethical beliefs.

I have always cherished a good philosophical debate that questions the very foundations in which modern society builds itself on.

I find myself drawn to quoting the words to a song from the movie " Into The Wild " which is the true life story of a young man by the name of Christopher McCandless who dared to question everything in his life including his own very existence.


Society

Oh it's a mystery to me.
We have a greed, with which we have agreed ...
and you think you have to want more than you need ...
until you have it all, you won't be free.
.
Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.
.
When you want more than you have, you think you need ...
and when you think more then you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
I think I need to find a bigger place ...
cause when you have more than you think, you need more space.
.
Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.
Society, crazy indeed ...
I hope you're not lonely without me.
.
There are those thinkin more is less, less is more,
but if less is more, how you keepin score ?
It means for every point you make, your level drops.
Kinda like you're startin from the top ...
and you can't do that.
.

Society, you're a crazy breed.
I hope you're not lonely, without me.
Society, crazy indeed ...
I hope you're not lonely, without me
Society, have mercy on me.
I hope you're not angry, if I disagree.
Society, crazy indeed.
I hope you're not lonely ....
Without Me.
.

Jerry Hannan
.


I'd love to know YOUR thoughts ...






1 comment:

  1. Me again Bro - I can remember showing you this movie for the first time and you were so pissed of at it and it really got to you. You then went home and bought the movie and promptly watched it four times in a row. I am so glad you enjoyed it and have gotten so much out of it. All I could think of was you when I first saw it at the cinema.

    This is one of my FAVORITE songs and my fav line is -

    When you want more than you have, you think you need ...
    and when you think more then you want, your thoughts begin to bleed.
    I think I need to find a bigger place ...
    cause when you have more than you think, you need more space.

    I just see this as so true and obvious everywhere you go and in society as a whole. It is so pleasant to meet people every so often who don't need a bigger space as they don't have that much stuff and if they end up with to much stuff they get rid of some of it instead of getting a bigger space. Hope that makes sense.

    I love the song. Be interesting to hear what others think as well.

    ReplyDelete